Thursday 10 May 2012

Scrappy go Lucky Copic Tutorial - Skin Colour Basics #2


Good Evening!  It's Tutorial Thursday....


If you have been following along with my tutorials for Scrappy Go Lucky welcome Back.  I firstly apologise for the delay in the posting this tutorial I have been unwell.


This is a follow on from my Skin Colour Basics # 1 tutorial.
With my skin colour basics # 1 tutorial I focused on the basic colouring techniques and tips for Caucasian skin tones. In this tutorial I will be showing you some colour range options for skin tones:


For full instructions on how to colour with Copic Markers please refer to my previous skin tutorials for tips. Skin Colour Basics # 1. With this tutorial I am providing examples for colours that I have used for three different skin tones, Dark African skin, Hispanic skin and Asian skin.


For the following examples I am using the Kitty Kat Marci stamp from La La Land.


Dark African skin tones:  I have used the following Copic Markers E25, E27.


Step One: Begin by colouring the whole stamped image skin area with the base colour E25. 

TIP: Remember to colour in a circular motion when using the Copic Markers as an all over colour.


Step Two: Using the E27 highlight under the hair line and around the cheek area and at the top of the arms to create depth. For each of the examples I am using a central light source. ( Stay tuned for future tutorials on light and shadows ).


Step Three: To complete the skin area of your stamped image use R02 or R83 for cheeks and lips.  BV23 is then used to create a realistic shadow and provide depth to your image.


Step Four:  Finish colouring your stamped image.

Hispanic:   With the next example I have used the following Copic Markers E13, E15.


Step One:  Again begin by colouring the whole stamped image skin area with the base colour E13.


Step Two: Using the E15 highlight under the hair line and around the cheek area and at the top of the arms to create depth. Again I am using a central light source. 


Step Three: To complete the skin area of your stamped image use R02 or R83 for cheeks and lips.  BV23 is then used to create a realistic shadow and provide depth to your image.


Step Four: Finish colouring your stamped image.


Asian:  For my final example I have used the following Copic Markers E53, E42, E41.


Step One: Begin by colouring the whole stamped image skin area with the base colour E41.


Step Two: Using the E53 and E42 highlight under the hair line and around the cheek area and at the top of the arms to create depth. For this stamped image I am using a central light source.


Step Three: To complete the skin area of your stamped image use R02 or R83 for cheeks and lips.  BV23 is then used to create a realistic shadow and provide depth to your image.


Step Four: Finish colouring your stamped image.

I like to use BV23 for shadows to help give a realistic shadow and tone to the skin.


For cheeks I like to use R02 or R83.


These are skin tones that I have played around with however I would like to point out that there are a number of combinations for skin colour.  I suggest experimenting, apart from being extremely relaxing, it's fun and this way you can find a tone that suits your project. Here are a few other skin combinations you might light to try are:


African American: E23, E25, E31, E33, E35

Native American: E13, E15, E17

Caucasian Olive skin tones: E02, E11, E21, E51

Caucasian baby skin tones: E000, E00, R20 blush


Here is a sneak peak of another one of my completed projects I made with this stamped image Kitty Kat Marci from La La Land!  Join me again on Monday for Make it Monday's where I will show you in step by step instructions how to create a 3D stamped project.



Hugs


Fiona xxx


2 comments:

  1. I am new to copic markers. You have made this so easy for me. Thankyou.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really do appreciate it. I love Copic Markers and I love to share ideas and tips in the hope I can inspire others.

      Delete